Wednesday 23 July 2008

The Journey So Far

I Started my Slimming World journey on the 4th June 2007, with my friend Michelle. It was yet another diet started with good intentions, as they all have been over the years, never dreamt that 14months down the line I would still be on it. On Monday Night I achieved a total loss so far of 8 stone, and I have set my first real major target, i have little targets all the way through as i never really thought I would get to a realistic one. But that is the beauty of slimming world there is no need to set targets, its one week at a time, which for a previously failed dieter like me is great.

It hasn't been easy, and I have started this blog as another way to help keep me on track and get me to target. What is my target, you may be thinking well it is another 2 stone and 5lbs, which is 33lbs, which i would like to loose before Christmas. I don't think it is too unrealistic, but it will be tough with how far I have come. But I really do want this.

I havent been the perfect dieter, and when I go off track i do seem to go with a bang. I am a food lover, and I think thats why slimming world suits me. I am a food optimising convert. I now also actually go to the gym as well, I wont say that i love it, cause I am going for a purpose, but I am going to carry on even if i get to target, cause i know this has to be a lifestyle change not a fad, and on some occasions i even enjoy it.

So that was a bit more about me and my journey so far, I welcome any comments and advice, and I will post some pictures soon.

No comments: